top of page

Fan Group

Público·87 miembros
Vladimir Trofimov
Vladimir Trofimov

Technical Math For Dummies Free Ebook Fixed Download

The text covers mathematics intended for career-technical students. It is generically comprehensive, and could easily be supplemented for the specific CTE programs. For example, a manufacturing program might have a unit that focuses on units of...read more

Technical Math For Dummies free ebook download

DOWNLOAD: https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fjinyurl.com%2F2uiTZQ&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AOvVaw1f1D0tfDyeATnMRTRPGaP1

The text covers mathematics intended for career-technical students. It is generically comprehensive, and could easily be supplemented for the specific CTE programs. For example, a manufacturing program might have a unit that focuses on units of measure that are specific to the program.

I saw almost no worked examples of any sort in the text. -In the geometry topics, formulas and procedures were described but there was a lack of worked examples illustrating processes. This is a major shortcoming. The book simply provides a formula and then goes to questions on that topic. Not sure how this is useful to students except as a source for homework problems.-In the chapter on converting, there were conversion facts provided but no examples of HOW to convert (by division or multiplication)-The textbook omits right triangle trigonometry which is a key section of our technical mathematics course.-There are geometric images, and some slightly technical drawings, but most of the geometric shapes are just geometric shapes, not the types of objects that make this content relevant to technicians (for example drawings of machine parts, silos, hoppers, bolts, etc.)

This textbook provides a comprehensive overview of technical mathematics ranging from scientific notation to descriptive statistics and basic probability. Each section is densely populated with practical examples and updated connections to...read more

This textbook provides a comprehensive overview of technical mathematics ranging from scientific notation to descriptive statistics and basic probability. Each section is densely populated with practical examples and updated connections to real-world scenarios. I found the examples to be appropriate for beginner to intermediate level students, although this text appears to be value-add for all readers. Note: the example solutions are provided as part of this text.

While this developmental-level mathematics textbook is intended for career-technical students, I believe it is applicable (and value-added) for a much broader segment of academia. I would recommend this text for anyone in a STEM field, regardless of academic level.

Many of the exercises do not relate to the trades. The topics are the ones needed for a technical math course, but the exercises are more general and less specific to issues found in a trades environment. Updates would need to include more sample exercises that relate to the trade professions such as welding, pipe fitting, HVAC, Mechatronics, carpentry, and machine tool. One specific exercises asks for the volume of a wiffleball . I doubt many will have one or know what this kind of ball. I am not sure of the relevance a wiffle ball is to the trades. Maybe a ball bearing would be a better choice.

The culture here is technical mathematics. If this book is intended for the trades, it lacks a connection with the examples given. For example on page 100 and 101, the textbook shows someone cutting a pipe with a side grinder on page 100, but the angle example it gives on page 101 is all related to the angle of a shot given to a patient in the medical field. At our college the nursing students take different mathematics courses than the trades fields. It seems to not truly go the full steps needed to make the material about the trades. I think adding examples for roofing, construction, welding, automotive, electrical, carpentry, etc. are needed for the text to be used extensively in community college for these majors.

Project Gutenberg is a library of over 60,000 free eBooks. Choose among free e-pub and Kindle eBooks, download them or read them online. You will find the world's great literature here, with a focus on older works for which U.S. copyright has expired. Thousands of volunteers digitized and diligently proofread the eBooks, for enjoyment and education.

Hoopla lets you borrow free digital movies, TV shows, full music CDs, eBooks, comic books and audiobooks. Gain access to thousands of titles that are available for instant streaming or temporary download. 041b061a72

Acerca de

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Miembros

• Aharon Abikzer
  • Niki Jhone
    Niki Jhone
  • Tommy Elmers
    Tommy Elmers
  • Nguyen Nguyen
    Nguyen Nguyen
  • Janet Gee
    Janet Gee
bottom of page